Biofertilizers and Gardening
Most home gardeners have never thought about using biofertilizers in their garden. In this post, we’ll talk about using biofertilizers and the advantages of using them in your home garden or backyard vegetable garden.
What is a Biofertilizer?
Lets start at the beginning and define a biofertilizer. In its simplest terms, a Biofertilizer is a living microorganism that colonizes the plants’ root zone, rhizosphere, and helps the plant obtain nutrients. These living
microorganisms are generally bacteria and fungi.
Biofertilizers can help plants obtain nutrients in different ways including;
- solubilizing nutrients – particularly Phosphorus
- Providing nitrogen through nitrogen fixation
- Stimulating plant growth, and root growth, through the production of plant hormones.
So how can biofertilizers help in my garden?
So how can biofertilizers help in my garden? They help grow stronger healthier plants and more developed root systems. When a plant has a larger root system, it can take up more water and more nutrients. In turn, the plant can produce healthier crops or more beautiful flowers.
An additional benefit is use of biofertilzers generally reduces the usage amount of traditional fertilizers, nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium.
A Picture is worth 1000 Words
Check out the picture of the two different root systems. No wonder using biofertilizers have bigger, better plants. The root systems are much larger, more dense, and longer allowing for greater nutrient uptake.
Here’s a list of the major benefits of Biofertilizers
- Produces plant hormones – grow bigger, healthier plants.
- Increase root mass – allows for greater water nutrient uptake.
- Degrades organic material – makes these nutrients available to the plant.
- Restores Biotic balance – replace microbes lost to frost, fire, flooding, or overuse of chemicals.
- Solubilize nutrients – particularly Phosphorus
- Some can fix nitrogen – Change atmospheric nitrogen into a form useable by the plant.
There are a number of commercial biofertilizer products including some on this website. For a general, all purpose biofertilizers – Biota Max™ is the best product on the market.
Biota Max™ is a unique, effervescent tablet containing ten different types of beneficial soil microorganisms, including beneficial soil bacteria and beneficial soil Trichoderma. Each tablet contains billions of these beneficial organisms t hat are the key to your success in the garden.
Should you have questions about Biota Max, please feel free to contact me at Bill@Custombio.biz or at (561) 797-3008.
Biota Max™ is manufactured and distributed by Custom Biologicals, Inc. Distributor inquires, both domestic and international are always welcome.